Optimizing Economic Performance of Rice Farming Households in the Mekong Delta
Stephen Lopez, Narayan Pratap Duvadda
The purpose of the author's research was to evaluate the productivity of rice farmers in the Mekong Delta of Vietnam from a monetary standpoint.750 rice farmers in An Giang, Kien Giang, and Hau Giang Province were surveyed for the study. Descriptive statistics and monetary ratio analysis were employed for the research. There were a few results that came out of the study. Rice-farmingthe Mekong Delta was characterised by households with meagre means. Also, they have used technological developments in production and have reached financial efficiency in all three harvests (Winter-Spring, Summer-Autumn, and Autumn-Winter), with the Winter-Spring crop having the best financial efficiency. The research provided multiple recommendations for how rice producers in Vietnam's Mekong Delta may increase their financial productivity.
Households, Optimization, Rice Farmers
Download Paper PDF
- Van der Geer, J., Hanraads, J. A. J., & Lupton, R. A. (2000). The art of writing a scientific article.Journal of Science Communication, 163, 51–59.
- Strunk, W., Jr., & White, E. B. (1979).The elements of style (3rd ed.). New York: MacMillan.
- Mettam, G. R., & Adams, L. B. (1999).How to prepare an electronic version of your article. In B. S. Jones & R. Z. Smith (Eds.), Introduction to the electronic age (pp. 281–304). New York: E-Publishing Inc.
- Fachinger, J., den Exter, M., Grambow, B., Holgerson, S., Landesmann, C., Titov, M., et al. (2004).Behavior of spent HTR fuel elements in aquatic phases of repository host rock formations, 2nd International Topical Meeting on High Temperature Reactor Technology. Beijing, China, paper #B08.
- Fachinger, J. (2006). Behavior of HTR fuel elements in aquatic phases of repository host rock formations.Nuclear Engineering & Design,236, 54.
Share your valuable work from Social Media Buttons